POSITION: Fast Lube Technician and Service Intern
REPORTS TO: Fast Lube Coordinator and Service Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing oil and filter changes, lubing, checking fluid levels and performing 10-point safety inspections on all makes and models of vehicles. Performs all basic operations as needed. Study and assist with complex repairs with Mentor Technician.
- Accurately and efficiently perform oil and filter changes, lubricate chassis, and check and fill all fluid levels along with other basic fast lube operations.
- Complete safety inspection as appropriate to Dealership and Manufacturer standards.
- Communicate with Fast Lube Coordinator to ensure that a 10-point inspection is completed and customer is notified of any safety-related items that need to be addressed.
- Greet customer in a professional manner.
- Clearly explain problems identified via the 10-point safety inspection.
- Adhere to all safety policies as outlined by the dealership.
- Utilize appropriate safety equipment when necessary.
- Keep work area and tools clean and safe at all times.
- Follow the directions of the mentor technician.
- Learn repair and safety techniques of more complex repairs and operations including service drive operations, front-end suspension and alignment, drivability, electronic systems, general line, heating and air conditioning, brakes and hydraulic systems, automatic and manual transmissions, heavy line, and engines.
- Connect with Service Manager and Mentor Technician monthly to review Intern Report Card, completed by Mentor Technician, which provides feedback on intern system, progress, and mentor relationship.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic automotive experience required. Previous quick lube experience preferred.
- Valid Colorado drivers’ license and emissions license.
- Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess knowledge of automotive systems and the ability to explain systems and repairs to others.
- Knowledge of basic automotive theory.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission.
STANDARDS OF PEFORMANCE:
- Have inspection completed within 30 minutes.
- Maintain training schedule with Mentor Technician.
- Provide feedback to Service Manager every month regarding the internship process, learning progress, and mentor relationship.
- Communicate with academic advisor at PPCC as directed.
Donna Miller 719.667.2954
Adam Cavender 719.667.2916
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org